Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweet Dinner Rolls! (UMMMMMMM)



SWEET DINNER ROLLS
First & Foremost I want to say that making Bread is my latest most favorite thing to do. I cannot believe how easy I have found it and what amazing bread I have created right in my own kitchen with my fancy KitchenAid mixer. I have been making FRESH, HOT out of the oven rolls for the last few weeks for dinner - Most nights - Yes, I can be obsessive!

After trying many different types and ingredients I have found this one works the best.

  1. Warm 1/2 Cup of 1% milk in the microwave and add 1 pkg of fast acting yeast (1 TBSP) and a pinch of sugar - Let sit for about 10 minutes. It should start to froth. If no frothing - try again at this point. MILK should not be boiling JUST WARM.
  2. In the meantime - in your KitchenAid bowl - mix: 1/2 Cup of hot water, 1/3 cup softened butter (yes real butter), 1/3 cup White Sugar, Pinch of Salt, Beat an egg and mix (make sure water is not so hot that it cooks the egg!)
  3. Measure out 3 & 3/4 cups of white flour (You may need a little more but start with this)
  4. Add Flour to KitchenAid Bowl and mix a few times to incorporate all
  5. ADD the YEAST / MILK mixture
  6. USE THE DOUGH Beater and place the bowl in the KitchenAid Stand. On setting 1 or 2 mix for up to 10 minutes. You will know when ready as dough gets a shine on it.
  7. GREASE a bowl with butter. Take out dough and form a ball. Roll Dough in butter in bowl so not to stick.
  8. LET SIT in a warm place covered for 1 to 1& 1/2 hours. It should double in size.
  9. When ready - turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread with melted butter. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll Wedges from SMALL end to large end and turn under edges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover & let rise for another 45 minutes.
  10. PRE-HEAT over to 400.
  11. BRUSH rolls very carefully with melted butter. (at this point you can sprinkle parmason cheese overtop too)
  12. BAKE in pre-heated over for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
ENJOY - Serve Warm with lots of Butter!!!!!


Thank you for stopping in.

Let me know if you tried them....

Any questions you may reach me at:
vjreynolds@shaw.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment