Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Best Applesauce Muffins (YUMMY)



My BEST APPLESAUCE MUFFINS (YUMMY)
Serves 12-16:

MUFFIN MIX:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp cinnamom
1/2 tsp ground cloves
*** I used 1 & 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ***
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I omit if using salted butter)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup raisins ( I put in 1/2 cut of ground flax & wheat germ mix instead)

CRUMBLE TOPPING:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oat, uncooked
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp cinnamon,
  1. Combine all Muffin ingredients; stir until moistened.
  2. In a separate bowl mix all ingredients for crumble topping until crumbly.
  3. Fill lightly greased muffin cups (I use silicone cups) 3/4 full; sprinkle with Crumb Topping.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
  5. Serve WARM
ENJOY

Thank you for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment